Whether you’re just starting out on your first soundless or you’ve played in Toontown Online, Toontown Rewritten as a soundless is a whole different ballgame than what you’re used to playing. This post is for those soundless who are just starting out in Toontown Rewitten maybe just past Lil’ Oldman getting ready to finally start cog headquarters.
Top 5 Tips:
- Max your gags as soon as possible!!! Toons will be more apt to run with you if you’ve already maxed your other tracks.
- It makes it look like you know what you’re doing and you understand the value of having maxed gags to be able to carry your weight on a team.
- Trap and Drop are JUST as important as your other gags, so don’t neglect them! They’re your hard hitters and you’ll really need them in bosses and most facilities (excluding factories).
- Tell people you are soundless right away. The latest you should tell them is in the beginning of the first battle.
- Changing strategies at 5 second to go on the clock is never fun for anyone involved and it will start you off on the wrong foot.
- My personal suggestion is a bubble text put up immediately in round one and held for a few rounds, this way nobody can’t claim they ‘missed what you said’.
- For facilities I’d recommend a simple phrase like ‘soundless btw hope you guys don’t mind’ as you approach the first battle. This gives people enough warning to get into the right mindset and if anyone is going to ditch you wont have to waste gags on a battle before going back.
- There is absolutely no need to apologize for being soundless.
- This is a big pet peeve of mine, because it’s like apologizing for being a certain religion or going to college. Since when did people go around apologizing for life choices?
- Don’t be a push over either. If someone’s being flat out rude to you there’s a report button and plenty of sassy comebacks that are within TTR chat guidelines.
- Many toons aren’t sure of how to play with a soundless, feel free to make suggestions.
- Don’t be TOO pushy here, nobody likes to be bossed around.
- A question mark at the end of your sentence can make a big difference ‘2 fog and ill drop’ vs ‘2 fog and ill drop?’
- Catch those fish, garden, race, and golf. The more extra laff you have the less toons think you don’t know what you’re doing.
- Laff and gags should be at a good balance though so this may be tricky if your gags aren’t maxed.
- If you have unmaxed gags at 110 more people will be worried you don’t know what you’re doing, compared to 90 laff where unmaxed gags are more understandable. So this goes back to #1, max your gags as soon as possible, THEN concentrate on boosting your laff up as high as possible.
Bonus potentially controversial SUGGESTION: Go with a shopping clan/guild and stock up on Sound SOS Cards, as well as 2 Star Sound cards from Field Offices (if those ever get released). These can be very helpful in longer battles like Back Nines, DAs, CFOs, and CEOs. (Personally, I did not start doing this until I was 15 levels away from maxing my last suit in TTO, bossbot. It was beneficial, but not entirely necessary, and also quite time consuming.) If you hate shopping it’s definitely not necessary, but if you have free time or get bored I’d say go for it! Those back 9s can get pretty long and it’s nice to be able to pull out a Sid or a Moe.